Assistant Vice President, Equipment Breakdown
Our client is a National Insurer looking for an Equipment Breakdown and Energy professional to lead its National Practice. The role would offer the right person the opportunity to lead a highly technical and industry leading business segment while working more broadly with an industry leading executive leadership team.
What you’re responsible for:
· Inspiring, motivating and leading your team to define and execute strategic objectives through effective coaching and mentoring, identifying, and developing leadership talent, and fostering an innovative, collaborative, diverse, and agile culture.
· Developing business plans and related budgets, while managing, monitoring, and analyzing results. Identify trends and take appropriate action to ensure plans are achieved.
· Managing and delivering focused products and services including direct training of regional staff to ensure a full understanding of company products and services, communicating, and managing the achievement of company service and quality standards and directing the regional underwriting to produce a loss ratio equal to or better than objectives.
· Managing key partner relationships as required to achieve volume objectives while maintaining a profitable book of business.
· Auditing and reviewing of programs and authorities and developing new programs as needed.
· Building positive relationships within the insurance industry to promote Sovereign with Brokers, potential business partners and industry groups.
To be successful:
· You thrive on leading initiatives to support the delivery of our exceptional client experience; and motivate others to embrace accountability to achieve results.
· You ensure you and your team’s day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
· You will lead implementation of large or routine change initiatives and actively promote a culture that encourages the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
· You value and encourage others to have cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
· A minimum of 10 years of progressive industry experience in equipment breakdown underwriting and marketing.
· A minimum of 7 years, and a proven track record, as a successful leader in the general insurance business, with an emphasis on commercial lines, within the broker distribution system.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, is preferred.
· CIP designation preferred.
If you’d like more information on this amazing opportunity or know someone who would be interested, connect with us today!