Director of Underwriting and Oversight
Reporting to the Senior Vice President – Underwriting, the individual will work with the Underwriting Leadership group to develop and facilitate a means and methods for ongoing portfolio management intended to inform UW direction and initiatives.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of the Senior Leadership team with cross functional teams across Canada, CUO and Compliance
Responsible for Underwriting Authority framework including timely and consistent completion of:
· Granting and promoting underwriters’ authorities as authorized by Product Line Leaders
· Annual underwriting authority review and attestation process
· Monthly exception and breach reporting, and peer review processes
· Compliance reporting and related records management
· Drive continuous improvement of oversight processes including automation, where applicable
· Deliver monthly, quarterly, annual Key Performance Indicators related to reporting requirements to Underwriting and Field Leadership
Responsible for Product Governance framework and working closely with Compliance department including:
· Product governance process from inception to end of life including processes, tools, and products.
· Active management of compliance structure and systemic approach to managing and governing products
· Management and coordination of Underwriting Initiatives Framework and Impact Assessment workflow
· Custodian of policy wording library, translation process including liasing with Canada/global wording teams/resources
- Drive continuous improvement of oversight processes including automation, where applicable
- Member of Delegated Operations Committee: oversight and challenge of delegated business
- Member of Conduct Oversight Group: conduct risk management, fair and good customer outcomes, ensure policy and Product Governance Framework and processes are embedded within the organization.
- Work closely with Compliance on coordinating regulatory changes to products and services
Underwriting Communication & Collaboration Infrastructure
- Curator of Underwriting collaboration tools foundational to efficient, effective, and consistent national communication.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to detail and convey sophisticated concepts in a clear and concise manner to non-technical teams, but capable to speak to a technical audience if required.
- Dexterity and enthusiasm in early adoption of new IT platforms and systems
- Previous working experience in an Insurance sector
- Education to post-secondary level or equivalent analytical work experience.
- Bilingualism and Financial Industry experience would be considered an asset.
- Business Analyst, Project Management credentials would be considered an asset
- A Self-starter: You have experience in paving the way, discovering, and defining structure in seemingly ambiguous situations. You don’t like sitting around waiting for things to happen and take initiative to discover the answer!
- A Diplomatic Analytical and Creative problem solver: Accurately completing tasks with close attention to all aspects of work and carefully controlling for errors.
- A Reliable Teammate: You have a willingness to take ownership and accountability for features or components of larger initiatives. You are flexible with responsibilities and will help the team where assistance is needed.
- Comfortable working and leading both technical and non-technical teams – be the middle person!
- A Professional; Maintain a high standard of integrity at all times and excellent at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues and team members.
If you’d like more information on this amazing opportunity or know someone who would be interested, connect with us today!