Sr. Underwriter E&O, Commercial Insurance
Reporting to the Manager, Underwriting & Programs, the primary purpose of this role is to underwrite new business and renewals in a profitable manner and according to authority level and established guidelines. This position will handle client servicing and provide quality service to broker clients.
As our client is a small dynamic company, you will be expected to be flexible in your role, however, the primary responsibilities are as follows:
Underwrite and select new business that will produce an underwriting profit.
· Review E&O submissions and identify exposure and risk from information provided.
· Regularly communicate with underwriting management on individual accounts and make recommendations concerning operations, systems and procedures when appropriate.
· Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
· Underwrite renewal business and handle related servicing.
· Implement corrective measures on renewal accounts as needed.
· Support the development and mentorship of underwriting associates and junior underwriting teammates.
· Participate in audits and/or underwriting meetings as required.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
· Minimum 5-7 years of professional liability underwriting experience (including some property and casualty), technology and cyber underwriting exposure is an asset.
· Completion of a post-secondary undergraduate degree program
· RIBO license and CIP designation; working towards FCIP or other insurance professional qualifications.
· Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
· High proficiency in MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
· Ability to follow process and attention to details.
· Ability to work independently and must be a team player.
· Knowledgeable in insurance coverage forms and policy language
· Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients.
If you’d like more information on this amazing opportunity or know someone who would be interested, connect with us today!