Commercial Lines Practice Specialist
Position: Commercial Lines Specialist
Commercial Lines Practice Specialists work in partnership with Commercial Producers and group members to provide attentive, effective client service, reinforcing and developing the client/broker relationship.
Responsibility for assigned client portfolios includes:
- Negotiation and placement of new business, renewals and remarkets.
- Evaluate marketing submissions including making suggestions and/or recommendations for revisions to specifications if warranted. Complete review and analysis of quotations received. Provide comparison to producer, highlighting enhancements and/or limitations for renewals in order that producer can proceed with the development of presentation to new and existing clients, including creating comparison spreadsheets as needed.
- Record new business activity in monthly quote logs and update as required.
- As requested by producers, participation in client discussions regarding proposals.
- Provide formal binding/renewal instructions to underwriters upon advice from producer for agreed upon coverages remembering that time is of the essence.
- Issue finance quotes/contracts when required.
- Review assigned renewal lists with producers 90 days prior to renewal, order renewals from insurers 60 days before renewal, anticipate requests for updated information and/or applications and/or additional renewal information for clients.
- Request renewal quote from insurer and negotiate terms.
- Invoice and check the endorsement when it comes in. Policy endorsements are placed on top of renewals.
- Detailed documentation of all calls, correspondence and transactions in system, activities and/or file, as per procedures.
- Provide back up for producer and for other commercial group and claims representatives by taking necessary information from
- Maintenance of proper file documentation and TAM/ Policyworks records including abeyances, applications where needed and summaries to ensure information is readily accessible by others, in accordance with procedures.
- Assist in updating the marketing files and information on the computer system.
- Assist with balancing of portfolios, with attention given to market share, mix of business and appetites of various Insurers.
- Contribute and maintain professional atmosphere and appearance of the office.
- Participate in continuing education programs as available (also required by RIBO).
- Other projects and/or duties as needed and requested by management.
- Practice Group Contribution includes:
- Liaise with Practice Leader and consult where needed with other practice group members.
- Share Insurer and product information with all group members, manager, producers & partners.
- Establish and develop rapport and strong working relationships with underwriters and insurance company representatives.
If you’d like more information on this amazing opportunity or know someone who would be interested, connect with us today!