The Canadian division Business Partner will be part of a large compliance team based out of the UK. Working closely and reporting to the International Head of Compliance. This role will be responsible for the compliance in the Canadian division and first contact for all departments and Managers.
- Primary business partner for allocated division(s).
- Engage the division on local and Lloyd’s regulatory developments, advising on what needs to be done, identifying solutions, and monitoring the actions taken.
- Undertake the annual compliance risk assessment for the division and ensure business plans include appropriate compliance priorities.
- Keep the risk assessment under ongoing review as business develops, overseeing that business plan execution is in accordance with rules and expectations of relevant regulators.
- Work closely with Underwriting Operations to ensure requirements relevant to underwriting or other similar requirements – are understood, implemented and compliance is monitored.
- Work closely with the divisional first line control and oversight teams to ensure its first line business oversight is effective.
- Provide oversight of adherence to Local and Lloyd’s Minimum Standards and responsible for the annual attestation process, where relevant to the division.
- Assist in the development of the international compliance training plan, delivering training to the division in accordance with the plan.
- Support the management of relationships with regulators.
- Provide technical advice, coaching and assistance as may be required to the compliance operations team on areas of expertise.
- Represent compliance on business projects spanning international as required from time to time.
- Represent compliance dimension on internal meetings and committees, specifically the divisional Conduct Oversight Groups and others as may be required from time to time as deputy to the designated members or attendees.
- Technical author for certain policies and divisional compliance reports as allocated.
If you’d like more information on this amazing opportunity or know someone who would be interested, connect with us today!