Senior Underwriter Programs
Sr. Programs Underwriter
- Underwrite and service a growing book of mainly delegated underwriting portfolio business, including risk selection, coverage negotiation, pricing adequacy and referrals all in accordance with designated underwriting authorities and company guidelines.
- Reviews and processes changes to existing delegated programs to maintain compliance with company underwriting philosophy.
- Participate in the Coverholder audit process.
- Co-ordinate with the Markel actuarial team for new business and renewal reviews.
- Identify, analyze, and develop sources of new business; assists in developing marketing strategies for new or improved products.
- Partner with peers in other product lines to leverage new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain superior business and service-oriented partnerships with Markel's broker clients through, regular and frequent attendance at client broker events and industry conferences.
- Maintain market intelligence, business insurance trends and industry knowledge.
Qualifications & Skill Set:
- 5+ years’ property and casualty underwriting experience.
- Property, Casualty and Professional Lines experience an asset.
- University degree; CIP or FCIP designation.
- Bilingual; French and English an asset.
- Expertise and depth in policy wordings, forms, and applicable coverages.
- Superior relationship management skills proven through established broker relationships and demonstrated track record of generating new business premium.
- Strong administrative skills, proficient in excel and highly detail oriented.
Our Ideal Candidate
If you’d like more information on this amazing opportunity or know someone who would be interested, connect with us today!
Apply for this Job
Step 1 - Submit a profile
With just a few key stokes your on your way to a fresh start.
Step 2 - Talk to our experts
A quick call with one of our expert consultants will help you better understand the current market.
Step 3 - The right fit, guaranteed
Your Consultant will work with you to identify the right organization to springboard your career.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.